9/05/2012

Jesus Christ & Virgin Maria from Petra



I found interesting souvenirs in Petra.


There were many stalls by the local ladies in Petra. They were selling old coins, some incomplete excavated articles (I mean small broken pieces), small bottles, stones etc etc. I have to say that some of them just looked junk.


At one stall I found interesting items.



The stall lady who did not speak much English pointed at the field saying 'There! There!'.


Could not see any buildings left there. I opened a map to check the place she pointed, and found out they had a church at that time.


At that time people were holding such religious symbols when they prayed.


What I liked was the back side.




Some animals and trees can be seen!


My husband is saying that these must be copies of the old items. I believe that these are genuine because of the colour of the bottom part. A bit darker greyish. I imagine that people were holding this part when they prayed.


I really love them!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment