9/13/2012

Andy Murray & Ivan Lendl



I liked Ivan Lendl when he was a player. I really liked his strong mentality.


I got this book a long time ago.↓ He wrote this book when he was young.






When Andy Murray appointed Ivan Lendl as a coach I knew that Ivan could help Andy especially from his mental side. At the very top level, technique of tennis is not so different. The other factors might be more affecting.


Ivan is not the person who is always flattering someone. Never affected by the people surrounded. He stands firm in his own belief. That was what needed for Andy, I think.


I always respect Ivan although he might be misunderstood by the people. I still remember the story of his car accident when he was a player. He had a car accident because he tried to avoid running over a small animal! He is such person. I like him!!!


In UK people are putting a lot of pressure on Andy all the time. Such pressure made him stronger. Can you imagine his pressure especially when Queen was there to support him!!! He could not lose!!!


Andy won US open this year. It was the first Grand Slam title. Now people are talking 'GS One-time winner' or 'GS Multiple-winner'?? Poor Andy... He will never get released from the pressure!




No comments:

Post a Comment