1/05/2013

Antique Market in Shanghai ££


We met our old friends in Shanghai! They are now in Shanghai for the current assignment.


They showed us around and I asked them to take us to the Antique Market.


In the market I got these as souvenirs.



 Pen stand





On the back side of the pen stand





Terracotta 


The top one is a pen stand. The second one is a terracotta item. I wanted to get the information of these but unfortunately the old man of the stall did not speak any English... Especially for the second one I wanted to know more. Is it Chinese god or something???



By the way, you have to be careful with the shoe cleaners in the market. They kept asking us 'Polish, Polish?' We kept answering 'No, thanks.'


When my husband was looking at something at a stall, one shoe cleaner put his 'cheap-looking' shoe cream on my husband's shoe without saying anything!!!


'Oh, No~'


My voice became loud to say 'You cannot do it without any agreement!!! Please wipe it off!!!'


Anyway I am pleased with what I got in the market. My new collections!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment